Re: [Epic] IG Idea - Stormtroopers!

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:04:36 -0500

Francois Bruntz wrote:
> >Now let's pretend the Emperor wrote the stats rather than going by
> >what
> >happens when they run into rebels...
> >
> >No one is as accurate as StormTroopers.
> >Their armor is tough, meant to stop/reflect blaster shots.
> >They are an elite group, highly trained and with high morale.
> >They represent the best recruits the Empire can muster.
> >
> >Move: 10cm/20cm on a charge.
> >Range: 30cm
> >Firepower: 1
> >Assault: 2
> >Armor: 4+
> >Special Abilities: Rapid Fire, Stubborn
> >
> >Getting close to Space Marines now, aren't we? It would be
> >interesting
> >to convert a Star Wars army to Epic stats and fight a inter-galactic
> >battle. Are there any 6mm/1:285 scale Star Wars figures?
>
> This could be very interesting.
> Imagine : AT-AT vs Titans, Stormtroopers against Space Marines, Dark
> Jedis against Psykers, Vador against Ragnar Blackmane...
> We don't need George Lucas to have our new SW trilogy! ;o)

I've always thought of the Space Marines as Star Wars storm troopers. I
know it is not 40K fluff, but I've already said what I thought about
that. And that if I ever get around to adapting Dirtside II for my
miniatures, I won't be counting the Space Marines as powered armor (with
the improved speed and other advantages), I think. More likely to make
them line infantry with only the to-kill number the same as powered
armor.

So I'd just give the Stormtroopers Space Marine stats, because I equate
them in my mind, anyway.

andy

--
Andy Skinner