Re: [Epic] Epic 40k to Star Wars crossover...

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:51:02 -0500

Erik Rutins wrote:
> We can figure out the crit charts if these stats are ok. I based the
> stats on the information in the West End Games' Star Wars 2nd Edition
> RPG rulebook.
>
> AT-AT (War Engine):
>
> Move: 15cm
> Damage Capacity: 10
> Armor: 6+
> Abilities: Transport (8)
>
> Weapons: (All are Front Fire Arc)
> Linked Heavy Laser Cannons: 60cm, 2x Death Ray
> Linked Medium Blasters: 30cm, 6FP

These things were awfully strong in the movie. The dialogue mentions
their shielding. Is that the 6+ armor, or should they have something
effectively like void shields as well?

> AT-ST (War Engine):
>
> Move: 20cm
> Damage Capacity: 2
> Armor: 6+
>
> Weapons: (All are Front Fire Arc)
> Twin Blaster Cannon: 45cm, AT Shot
> Light Blaster Cannon: 30cm, 2FP
> Concussion Grenade Launcher: 15cm, 3FP (or Barrage?)
>
> The AT-ST could almost be dreadnought-class (i.e. not war engine). I
> opted for a compromise as I feel it is probably a war engine but a very
> small one.

I got the impression that these are more like an enclosed Sentinel,
maybe a little bigger. The Micro-machines one I've got is about
Warhound size, but it obviously is the not in the same scale.

I don't know anything about game stats for the above, just impressions
from the movies.

andy

--
Andy Skinner