RE: [Epic] Storage Question

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:14:41 -0600

> I am starting to get quite a group of Tyranids together and and need a
> better solution for transporting them. I find that keeping them in a
> standard miniature figure case is kind of a pain when it comes to
> setting up
> for play because it is very time consuming sorting through the figs to
> get
> the detachments together. On the other hand , I have spent a great
> deal of
> time painting these figs and do not wish to damge them by just putting
> them
> into a box or something...cuz they tend to rattle around. What do you
> guys
> do to transport your stuff without risk of damage.
>
> Hive Tyrant Tim

-------> Well, a regular miniature case works ok for the vehicles (big
bugs to you, I guess), but for infantry, I use the compartmented storage
cases you find at craft stores for a few $$ - sometimes called "thread
storage cases" etc. A fishing tackle box will also work. If the
compartments are small enough, you infantry stands will do fine, as once
they're painted and clear-coated, they're pretty durable unless you
shake them like a can of spray paint before opening : )
    For the big boys, gotta have foam. Besides pistol/rifle cases from a
sporting goods store (cut the foam to custom fit your titans), I've
found that the metal candy tins (cans) you see especially around
Christmas, the ones with all the holiday scenes on them, work really
well as titan transporters. Glue a foam pad from a blister pack inside
the lid and on the bottom, then look at what bits stick out on your
titan and position more pads to prevent them from touching the metal
walls. If the can is too tall, a few tissues stuff ed on top of the
titan will cushion it even more. These cans have the advantages of being
fairly cheap, the right size, crush proof, and of course, being filled
with candy (briefly). I know Reese's and Lifesavers both have done these
in the past.
(Weird idea, I know, but I had a con to go to and titans to haul, and I
was desperate. Worked out fine.

Chris Miller