Re: [Epic] IG - Stormtroopers! - Long Reply

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:11:44 +0100 (MET)

>And for those true believers who still play SM/TL - I converted up a
>Stormtrooper company- 15 stands in 3 detachments of 5, with 2 command
>stands and a Chimera, same stats as normal Tacticals except that they
>have a CAF of +1 and a morale of 3. To make the Stormtroopers I added a
>small rectangle of plasticard and a cut down flagpole to the back of each
>old style IG trooper, if you file the helmets down a little they look like the
>berets Stormtroopers wear.
>
>Krass
>Yes, I am insane, but like Mr Pinson says in his tag, it's fun.

I have two companies of "white boys" - space marines painted white with
black guns - who are deployed by Lambda Shuttle (same stats as a
thunderhawk, but I use the micro machines "shuttle Tiderian").

My "Scythes of the Emporer" are painted red like the Emporerer's gaurd in ROJ.

I also field Tie Fighters for Thunderbolts and Tie Bombers for Marauders.

I have three Impirial Walkers (ATAT's) on titan bases - they go out as
either Warlords or Reavers as the need arises.

With these guys I can field Sentinels as ATST's (scout or "chicken" walkers).

And to top it off you need an inquisitor (SM Command dude) painted black
with a red light sabre... (No one within 10cm can fail a moral check - or
else! - he has +7 CAF, an awesome gun (2 dice hit on 4+ range 35 save at -1)
and a fixed 4+ saving throw!) Sounds like the big D to me...

Agro