Re: [Epic] Boardgames (or more non-epic stuff)

From: Tim <tim_macpherson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:36:02 -0800

I used to be a Squad Leader/ASL player...but I found that once I graduated
from university I couldn't be bothered to read pages and pages of
rules...just to play a game. I think that is half the reason I got into GW
games in the first place...light on rules( comparatively) big on fun! =) I
also found the games very visually appealling. Also I really liked the
original Harpoon rules ...my friends and I used to play it without
minis...on graph paper. We also played it double blind...with two players
and a referee. Talk about a nail-biter! You couldn't beat ASW operations!
With the debut of the computer game...it kinda fizzled out cuz the
pen-and-paper version was a lot of work. On the computer game scene..I have
quite a few but I'd have to say I'd rather paint figs or play GW games. I am
seriously addicted to Quake however ...I can be found most nights on
165.166.140.140...my handle is Raygun.

Hive Tyrant Tim