Re: [Epic] Titan armaments and AT shots.

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:19:55 -0500

Steve Sheldon wrote:

> I was just thinking about how Imperial titans have no AT firepower, it
> struck me as odd, then I thought about what could possibly have AT shots
> that is available to Titans. My answer, plasma batteries. The Plasma
> cannon and plasma blastgun, fit neither the descriptions for a HWB or
> death ray, and the rule suggests they could be either. WELL... The
> obvious inbetween choice would be an AT battery:
>
> Plasma battery: 45cm range, 3xAT
>
> It seems fair, it does the same Blast marker damage as the HWB, and can
> be just as devestating against WEs as a death ray. I think that because
> of the massive ammounts of energy required, they should be limited to
> either just carapace mount or a limit of 2 per warlord or 1 per reaver.
> The plasma destructor still remains a death ray.
>
> Comments?

        Yeah, I had suggested something similar a while ago for the
turbo laser destructor (another weapon that doesn't fit in either
category). But I think I proposed 2 AT shots... Although now that
I think about it, 3 ATs seems much more on par with the HWB and DRs.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The only thing to fear is fearlessness" - REM