Re: [Epic] Boardgames (or more non-epic stuff)

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:39:36 -0600

>I really like avalon hill's "TITAN" a fantasy "sluggathon" board game.
---------> We went nuts with titan for a long time, it is a great game and
fairly easy to learn - much more about play than rules.

>If you like Axis and Allies, you'll probably like shogun better; it has
>a better replay value.
----------> Yuck - do not like Shogun. Did like Fortress America, though.
One of the few 3 against 1 games which is well-balanced
 We've play "Twilight Imperium" a few times; it
>sort of a mismash of Kings and things (which I loved!) and Axis and
>Allies.
------>Who publishes this? Sounds like one I need to find...
 Illuminati (the origional or deluxe eddition Steve Jackson game)
>is an excellent game for five players.

-------> Had this a long time too. Heck, I even like the CC version - about
the only CCG I still pay any attention to.

>I play WH fantasy, which is the best looking mini game; however, unless
>you drastically limit army selection it is way more about cheese instead
>of tactics. Chronopia (heartbreaker) is a much more tactical game, but
>the mini selection is pretty limited right now.
>
>Thane
---------> I've done Warzone - good game, but I can't get anyone to go with
it, so I haven't bothered with the new one yet. With multiple WHFB armies, I
don't have the time/space/money or much inclination as we don;t play it that
often either...

Chris Miller