Re: [Epic] Boardgames (or more non-epic stuff)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:24:56 +1000

Miller, Chris wrote:

> OK, so my point is: What would you say is the main "other" game that
> you play (not primarily a mini rules set)? Also, is there another
> miniature game you are as devoted to as Epic?

Games played recently:

FULL THRUST[GZG]Generic Space Combat Miniatures

FURY OF DRACULA[GW] Board game, excellent hidden-movement system

SETTLERS OF CATALAN[] German game, very good strategic level, like RISK
in some ways, like Empire Builder in others

HORUS HERESY[GW] Board Game of the Invasion of Earth in 30K

ARMAGEDDON[GW] Board Game of the battle at Armageddon, in 38(?)K, Orks
vs IG

Also in recent past:
WRG 1990-era Epic-scale miniatures
WRG 1945-era Epic-scale miniatures
WARSHIP COMMANDER Modern Naval miniatures, more complex but more
accurate than Harpoon.
HARPOON
De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) 15mm Ancients - a lot like E40K in some
ways
De Bellis Multitudinis (DBM) - is to DBA as is the E41K project to E40K

WORLD IN FLAMES (strategic WW2 with 1500+ counters...)
BRITANNIA (Britain from 0 to 1070 AD, or, What exactly IS a Jute?)
EMPIRE BUILDER (Railway game)
RAIL BARON (Likewise)

Even Chaos Marauders (GW) A radically silly game, strictly B&P.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo