RE: [Epic] Titan armaments and AT shots.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:33:59 -0600

> > I'd argue that you can replace both the Plasma Pop^H^H^HBlastgun and
> the
> > Turbo-Laser Destructor with a 2x AT shot weapon, and then you can
> also
> > drop the restrictions.
> >
> > One might point out that 2 AT shots is rather worse than your
> typical
> > Eldar Pulsar. One might point out in return that the Eldar are
> > *supposed* to have better laser technology, so why not give them
> this
> > edge?
>
> Pulsars already have an edge - a 60cm range.

--------> And boy don't I wish they'd have used the range as much more
of a difference - think about it - they could parallel many of the old
weapons just by changing the range. MeltaCannon? how about 4 AT shots
with a 15cm range? Turbo-Laser? 2 AT shots with a 45 cm range. Vulcan
Mega Bolter? 16 fp with 15cm range. Gatling Blaster? How about 12 fp
with a 30cm range? See what I mean - you could tweak the individual
numbers for FP and Range, but in general the SM/TL weapons came in at
least 2 flavors, with a short-ranged but nasty gun as one option, and
another slightly less nasty gun with a longer range.
   I can live with the 2 bigger Plasma guns as either a Death Ray or a
HWB since they wouldn't affect fire/movement like they used to, but I am
surprised there's no option for Imperials to have an AT weapon, which
the PBG really would fit better . So what if the Eldar version is better
than 2 AT shots - Right now I don't have the option for even 1 on a
Warlord titan.
   You could also come up with some new weapons: The "Shredder Missile"
- d6 disrupt shots on anything under the blast template or something
equally goofy. The "Doom Blaster" - 1 At shot, artillery, 60cm range
(or whatever range is appropriate) - could be a mortar, could be a
large, clip fed missile launcher, whatever. There are a lot of options I
think they didn't explore here...

Chris Miller