Re: [Epic] Rumours R Us

From: nethol <nethol_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:25:43 +0200

----------
> From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
> Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...> writes:
> > And I do hope that they are just rumours. On another note, if anyone
wants
> > to see something interesting (read this: rude), check out the latest WD
(206
> > I think?). In the Golden Daemon section, they already have a category
for
> > Epic40k, and gone is the category of Titans. The Epic40k guidelines go
> > something like, you must mount 2 detachments of units, with at least
one
> > recommended to being small vehicles or infantry, and movement trays
> > suggested. Movement trays huh? I hope they charge a fortune for these
new
> > pieces too! Maybe a buck a tray like with Warhammer Fantasy battles!
>
> Hey, there's nothing wrong with movement trays. They're as
> fun to make as normal terrain, and it makes your bases that much more
> unified against whatever they're displaying miniatures on. A lot of
> the winning entries last year had movement trays on them. (The Epic
> one too, I think, not that you can actually use it in a game...)
>
> Mark

Well, this reminded me the first time we played Warhammer with my brother.
We first mail ordered the whole stuff from London (we don't have a GW store
in Istanbul), including 100s of $s worth models and stuff, then spent a few
months painting them. The day we played our first actual play, my brother
realized that the units move in strict blocks, and there is no way to move
the models individually (remember he is an EPIC player). He asked me: "Why
have we painted these models this well if we couldn't see the details
because we're supposed to play them stacked like shoeboxes?". I said "Well,
that is how they fought in the medieval times", and he went "Fine. I'm not
a medieval though, and won't have my army fight that way. Let's design new
rules for this stupid game". So, down to garbage went the cardboard trays.

S. Birol Akmeric

nethol_at_...