Re: [Epic] New Player.. Not New lister

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 15:29:28 +1300 (BST)

On Wed 04 Mar, Derek Tabor wrote:
> Hi.. I have been subscribed to the list for sometime now, and after finding
> out that it was Epic, and not 40k, I filtered all messages into the trash
> and ignored them..
>
> Well, Sure as hell, I have decided to play epic...
> I havent got much, as i decided last week and i dont even have the boxed
> set yet, but I will soon enough.
>
> I bought a little box of space marines for like 8.50.. its the "Space
> Marine Battle Group" or something that has 3 tac squads, 1 ass squad, 1 dev
> squad, 4 bikes(2 groups of 2?), 1 scout squad and 6 characters.

A reasonable size battle is 1500 to 2000 points. To have a good selection
of troops to select an army from, you will need a about 3000 points
of troops. So that will 1 titan (555 points), a couple of squadrons of
aircraft (300 to 450 points), IG artillery (600 points) and the rest
in troops (1500 points). So that means you will need roughly ten
boxes of marines, twice as many for IG troops. If you going get IG you
must get hellhounds as well. I advise you to forget about Leman Russ and
Chrimeas. IG Support weapons attached to your infantry detachments are
better than Leman Russ, while using Chrimeas as troop transports is not
worth the expense.