Re: [Epic] Jester's Angel's Full chapter codex

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 21:16:44 -0700

pentacle_at_... wrote:

> I have been working on making a chapter based on harlequin tactics and
> Space Marine raw power. It is pretty vehicle heavy and will be hard to
> complete but I will post a picture of the full chapter when it is done.
>
> If anyone has any ideas for custom figures, for characters please relay
> them to me when you get the chance. I have no experience making customs
> though so start off easy.
>
> Company 1 Jester's Sceptre
>
> Terminators Captain in Terminator armor (Epic bodyguard terminator squad)
> Librarian in Razorback
> 20 Terminators
> 10 Dreadnoughts (Five with DarkAngel missile pack, five with Space wolves
> claw arm)
> 5 heavy support guns (2 rapier laser, 3 tarantulas)
> 5 Razorbacks
>
> Group colors:Terminators done in Dark Angel white. all the rest Dark Angel
> green. Insignias blue, red, with tan highlights.
>
> Company 2 Jester's Fire
>
> Company Captain in Landspeeder
> Librarian in Landspeeder
> 2 Landspeeders
> 8 Attack Bikes
> 16 Bikes (This is Epic units, in W40k use 48 bikes)
>
> Group colors: Black bikes and armor. Front face of half white, with purple
> fire pouring forward on field of white. Helmets and inside of
> shoulders white. Unit leader have half white and
> half purple helmets.
>
> Note: In W40k company broken into squads consisting of;
> 1 landspeeder
> 2 attack bikes
> 12 bikes (Individual bikes)
> Or smaller yet;
> 1 attack bike
> 6 bikes
>
> Company 3,4 Jester's Left,Right
>
> Captain in Land Raider
> Librarian in Razorback
> 5 Tactical in Rhinos
> 2 Assault in Rhino
> 2 Devestator in Rhino
> 2 Bike
> 4 Landraiders
> 6 Whirlwinds
>
> Group colors: Dark Angel Green. 3rd company Insignias blue, red, with tan
> highlights. 4th company diagonal blue, though green white highlights.
>
> Company 5 Jester's foot
>
> Captain in Jumpacks
> Librarian on bikes
> 5 Tactical
> 2 Assault
> 2 Devestator
> 2 Bikes
> 6 Vindicators
> 2 Landspeeders
> 2 Attack Bikes
>
> Group colors: Dark angel green. Insignias white and purple with black
> highlights.I dont understand the use of many of these detats. Could you please
detail how you plan to use them.

> Company 7 Jester's Club
>
> Captain in Landraider
> Librarian in Landraider
> 10 Assault
> 5 Dreadnoughts
> 5 Vindicator
>
> Group colors: Dark Angel Green. Insignias yellow and blue with black high-
> lights

This seems a bizzare unit to me. Whay saddle the ultramaneuverable
assault marines with vindicators and (gasp) dreadnoughts. While they
would be good for holding a point vs. other armies assault troops, they
would tend to die nastily at range without being able to return fire.
Normally assault marines can use their manueverabilty to get out of LOS,
but they may have to ditch the dreanoughts and vindicators to do it with
this force. I usually put some devastors with my dreadnoughts; the
dreadnoughts can gaurd from close assault while still lending heavy
firepower. Also, the devestators are more likely to stay on their side
of the board and set overwatch, so you tend not to outrun the
dreanoughts.

Actually, I've had a hard time justifying SM dreadnoughts. If you could
buy them as main units they would make a lot more since to me; their to
slow for nearly every main force unit available to SM. Chaos
dreadnoughts I will take in bulk occasionally, though thats mostly
because I've got 16 of them.

Thane