[Epic] Net Epic (pinning)

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:39:19 -0600 (CST)

Someone else addressed vehicles pinning each other as something they've
always found as silly, so I mine as well throw in an idea I've had for a
while. Too represent the fact that the vehicles don't have actual holds on
each other I have two alternative systems I've been thinking about:

a. If a vehicle is pinned, it may opt to try to escape anyways. If it does
so then when leaving, any units in CC with it get to take immediate
shots against it if they wish (though this will keep them from firing
later in the turn) and if they decide to fire, any shots automatically
hit against its rear

b. If a vehicle is pinned, it may opt to try to escape anyways. If it does
so then when leaving, a round of CC is immediately fought. The fleeing
unit rolls 2 less dice then usual, and if it wins the CC, then the unit
that was pinning it suffers no damage, but the fleeing unit gets away.
If the unit that was pinning it wins then the vehicle dies/takes a hit
as usual.

Both of these have the advantage of being more realistic, while not changing
game balance overly much, as the odds of getting away safely in either case
are rather low. I personally favour "b" more, but figured I'd throw both
ideas out to see what everyone thought.

Michael the Liu