Re: [Epic] what should i run as a 3000 point army against eldar?

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:38:18 -0500

Sean,

Pardon me for jumping in, but IMHO none of the comments you responded to
were intended personally. You need to get a thicker skin for internet
communications - don't assume everything was meant in the worst possible
way!

Artillery is a key part of IG armies, I agree, but it's also true that
from the other side of the table facing a lot of artillery can get
tiresome.

> The simple solution is to take out the night spinners before they
> get in range of your artillery. Nightspinners have a range of 60cm,

Nope - 90cm and they can skim 30cm which means they are a bonafide
threat to IG arty. vs. Eldar flyers and dropped Swooping Hawks are a
major threat to artillery as well. You should absolutely have _some_
artillery vs. Eldar but if your Eldar opponent learns that you rely on
it you won't be relying on it for long.

Regards,

- Erik