Re: [Epic] Space Fleet (off topic, well sort of)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:02:40 -0700

Aaron wrote:

> Chris Pinson wrote:
> > during the Karak Dur campaign, Al and I often lamented the lack of a space
> > combat game to provide added flavour for planetary landings etc. Well, I
> > have decided to re write the space fleet rules to cover this. I will shift
> > the emphasis of the game more towards transports and fit the rules into an
> > E40K template. By this I mean the rules will be very similar to the E40K
> > rules (in fact I am considering treating the space craft in a similar
> > fashion to war engines).
> >
> > I would like people's opinions, do you think this is a good thing to waste
> > my time on???
> >
> > When it is ready for testing are people willing to give it a try???
>
> Space Fleet is probably not a good match because the ships are freakin'
> HUGE.
>
> Aaron Day

I've started making GSC-Epic conversions, but need some info on other
races space vehicles. Space fleet seemed to have too large a scale, but
if anyone knows of destroyer and smaller sized ships for the various
races, or ideas on what they should look like, send them here. I've
translated the eldar and thunderhawk so far. I'm probably going to have
to put out a few main rules special systems and change torpedo rules
slightly for this purpose.

Thane