Re: [Epic] Re: trivia quiz 7&8 answers

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:08:19 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > > Richard Helliwell - 4350 vs 4500 pts, declared as a 4000 pts battle.
> >
> > Which WD was this in? The only SM2 battle report that
> > I can recall with the Eldar was an Andy vs Jervis marines vs
> > eldar (Jervis lost IIRC).
> >
> ------> It's in the Battles book, though I'm not sure which WD it's
> from. Reaver titan on the IG side, Warlock titan on the Eldar side were
> the big boys.

        Hmmm... still don't recall it. I'll have to flip
through my copy of SM Battles...

> I'm sure someone will share the # with us. This reminds me...favorite WD
> battle reports anyone? I'm still partial to the Chaos vs Marines one
> with the LOB.

        Definitely the best. Of course, it had far and away the
best little fiction snippets out of all the epic battle reports.
(and plus it featured chaos!)

> As for other Eldar battle reports, there's the Marine one, the IG one,
> and the late late one vs chaos which is a "bypass" type mission where
> Chaos has to exit a certain number of points off the board. It's pretty
> weak, but I guess we need to count it.

        Yeah, eldar vs chaos, with no prism cannons on the eldar
side. "Oh, what's that? If I take prism cannons that'll ruin your
whole strategy and you're the one mandated to win? Allright, I
won't even mention them in the write-up of my army selection."

> For worst army choice I think the award goes to the
> Imperial commander facing the tyranids in their "showcase" report - I
> mean, you know you're going to lose, but did you have to make it _that_
> easy?

        I think I laughed out loud when I saw what the IG player
selected. Never has there been an army more designed to lose to
the nids... (well, aside from the tac company, but tread-head
never did anything with them so they don't count)

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"You can't throw me to the lions! I'm Charlton Heston!" - Lard