RE: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:49:51 -0600

> > Support Platform batteries - They only three points more
> > than support weapons, still excellent on a point for point
> > basis at taking LRs.
> >
> They are very abundant too, the old sprues had 2 on each!!! that
> counts
> for a lot. I think the abundance of LRs is what makes them really
> powerful.

-------> And support weapons are just far far better than they were in
the old rules also, so some of us are busily making some new units from
what we thought were "spares"...

> > Close Combat - If their is cover within 45cm of LRs put jump
> > troops in it if possible, then charge the LRs in the assault
> > phase.
>
> Works REALLY well.

-------> Are you two referring to 'out of LOS"? because if you're just
talking about cover I believe AT shots ignore cover.

> > Igorning LRs - On of the most effective tactics my Eldar
> > opponents have adopted against my LRs is
> Probably the best tactic. Although LRs are worth a lot of morale
> points...

--------> Nice, but the marine player isn't always going to cooperate
with you. If really neccessary, they can go on assault orders for a turn
and cover 40cm, which will usually put them in range of someone for next
turn.

Chris Miller