RE: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:24:30 +1300 (BST)

On Tue 17 Mar, Miller, Chris wrote:
.

> > > Close Combat - If their is cover within 45cm of LRs put jump
> > > troops in it if possible, then charge the LRs in the assault
> > > phase.
> >
> > Works REALLY well.
> >
> -------> Are you two referring to 'out of LOS"? because if you're just
> talking about cover I believe AT shots ignore cover.

No I am not refering to cover, I am refering to being out
of line of sight (e.g inside a wood, instead of on the edge
of it). No direct fire weapon can fire at what it can't see.

> > > Igorning LRs - On of the most effective tactics my Eldar
> > > opponents have adopted against my LRs is
> > Probably the best tactic. Although LRs are worth a lot of morale
> > points...

If Landraiders move normally (20cm a turn) they can't be over watch.
If Landraiders go on assault they half their firepower. Also your
assuming that the marines opponent won't move his troops. Eldar
jump troops move can move 90cm a turn on assault, this more than
enough to out manvour LRs. If the marine sends his ground troops
ahead of his LRs this just what the marines opponent wants him
to do. The oppenent can then attack the LRs or if the marine player
as positioned his troops to prevent this occurring the oppenent
can igorne the LRs and attack the marines instead.

> --------> Nice, but the marine player isn't always going to cooperate
> with you. If really neccessary, they can go on assault orders for a turn
> and cover 40cm, which will usually put them in range of someone for next
> turn.
>
> Chris Miller

---
Sean Smith