Re: [Epic] Supermarkets (believe it or not ON TOPIC)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:07:38 -0700

COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:

> My sister works in the purchasing department for a UK supermarket.
> Her boss was sent a load of samples from GW which he didn't want (my
> sister say huge box!) which Im going to get for free!!(GLOAT, GLOAT,
> GLOAT).
> I havent got a clue whats in this 'huge box' so may well have stuff
> to trade when I finally get it of her.
> Anyway just thought you might be interested as for GW to start
> supplying Supermarkets (not normal toy stores) seems a very big
> change to me.
> Any comments folks?

I think this will really piss off gamestore owners who have stood by GW
for so long, even when they were getting bent over the counter for the
priviledge for carrying their product.

On the other hand, I would like to see a gamer in every household, and
if gaming becomes popular, competition may develop.

Thane