Re: [Epic] Epic Plastic Sprues

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:01:08 -0500

> I only know that the IG tanks haven't turned much profit. If you notice
> the recent vehicles, all the Marine (and Sisters of Battle) are old kits
> with metal add-ons. The Falcon is new of course, but even though it is
> selling at an unbelievable rate they are releasing a WH40K Fire Prism to
> get more sales out of the mold (same kit with metal add-ons). The
> mediocre sales of IG tanks is preventing the Studio from developing the
> Adeptus Mechanicus for 40K as they would be tank heavy.

I think it is only the big plastic kits that they are losing on (Or at least
slowly making profit) because they are big, and players don't need that many
for an army. Plus, some players might not even buy tanks because they are
more expensive then plastic troops. I doubt they'd lose money on Epic scale
plastics, because people buy relatively more then WH40K tanks

Tyler