Re: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 18:56:46 +1000

pentacle_at_... wrote:

> You are right about the strengths and weaknesses of this band. My 200 point
> Jesters army, would be at a slight disadvantage against becaue of a few
> things:
>
> 1.No flak units

Not a hge problem: 8 FP is about all they can get, unless you really
concentrate your forces.

> 2.No Titan class units

Again, not such a problem: Concentrate on things OTHER than the MegaG.
The Big Gunz in particular have almost equal firepower, but are a lot
more vulnerable. The Battleforts with 40 FP rely on the "FP spreading"
effect, where all hits are distributed equally. Just use a few AT shots
to make one or two particularly vulneable to normal FP, and they'll melt
away.

> I would have to use my Raven wings to get arounf the titan quickly

Agree. Avoiding the MegaG is not that difficult.

> and pop fire at the artilerry.
But as the Big Gunz have artillery ability, this is likely to fail. 24
FP in your move phase can ruin your whole day. And the Pulsa has a 50%
chance of doing 2 BMs on you as well.

> My Termies would have to be the anti Titan corps,
> while the 3rd company group would come in on one side or another to spread
> out the fighting front.

The "spread out" bit is the key. This force can only dominate about a 1
metre wide section of the board. It's easy to get around and get the
juicy targets at the rear. Of course, avoiding the counter-attack is
another matter...

FWIW this force took on a bunch of Squats just the other day.
Fortunately, he didn't have those humungous Squat Megacannon (no
models). Unfortunately he had 12 Gyrocopters ( 36 FP and great
mobility...) and 7 thunderfires, which not only caused severe pain to my
airpower, but added 21 FP at useful points. He used typical Ork tactics,
the "Stunty Wave" moving at speed 10-20. And the Cyclops very nearly did
in my MegaG. Fortunately, the Big Gunz were well up with the MegaG, and
on Overwatch, they do rather well.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo