RE: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:37:08 -0600

> > Imperial Titan Legion Detachment
> > Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus 200
> > Armed with - Plasma Annihilator
> >
> > Imperial Titan Legion Detachment
> > Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus 200
> > Armed with - Sonic Disrupter

---------> OK, call me the "Fluff Nazi", but you do know these things
are supposed to be unique, right? Now we have two being used in the same
battle? And as someone else posted, these are fairly easy to shut down
with BM's, and they don't like deathray's much either.

   Anyway at first glance this looks a reasonable IG army - lotsa
infantry, an artillery contingent, no Tanks though? I guess Hellhounds,
etc count. The only thing which kind of surprises me (even knowing your
dislike of Chimeras) is the slow speed of this army - everybody walks
except for the main RR detach. Comparing it to the previously examined
ork army, the KOS and battlefort-mounted unit might cause it some
problems. I may have to play a game with a friend using these forces to
see what happens. Have to talk to him. Maybe some others can try this
too?

     The thing I'd like to hear is how does either army deal with death
rays? Titans are easier to me as the shields protect them for a while,
but I still see 1 major + 5 lesser targets on the ork side, and 2 majors
on the IG side. Both sides have about 3 deathrays among other weapons.
Most high-value infantry targets aren't worth a deathray while WE's are
on the board as they have the "save" ability while with WE's there's
always a chance of hurting them badly, if not killing them outright.
What do you do to lessen the impact on your big targets?

Chris Miller