Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:20:53 -0600

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > Eh? If your unit takes a hit, then the unit (all three models on the
> > base)
> > is destroyed and removed. There is never any *need* to have only one
> > or two models on a cavalry/bikes stand; unless you just like modeling
> > your troops to look as if they've taken a few casualties.
> >
> ---------> Yeah, let me second this - how do you get into a situation
> where one or two out of three mini's on a _stand_ are getting killed? If
> you're playing per figure, then you _are_ wrong, at least according to
> the rules in my box.

By misunderstanding/misreading the rules. One of the consequences
of the limited popularity of the game (at least among my circle of
possible places to play) is that I don't play with very many people...

It's certainly my fault for misreading, and thank you all for
clarifying it.

> The games is based per _stand_, not per figure. The
> only reason to mount them 1,2, or 3 to a stand is for the look - use
> whichever one you prefer.

So when they tell me I can buy squads of one to three bikes, theyreally mean
squads of one to three _stands_ of bikes, which are
meant to be based three bikes per stand? At like two dollars a bike?

> That said, it might be interesting to have some kind of
> "degraded" unit rules adding some level of capability between "fine" and
> "destroyed".

Simpler just to break the units up into single bikes, and degrade their fp
by killing some, yes?

--
// Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...
//    http://www.nothinbut.net/~cperkins