Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:22:26 -0600

Chris Salvato wrote:

> As a contrast, Attack bikes in 40k operate autonomously of any squads; they
> are their own unit. Therefore, they become a singly-mounted unit in e40k.

Okay. So attack bikes are one to a base, and have fp of 2, but marine
bikes are three to a base and have a fp of 1. I get it. At least I don't
have to spend like $6US per unit. That makes me happy.

Thanks.

> Now, the reason that I would frown upon a sinngle bike per stand is that
> you would be expecting me to accept that a single space marine on a Bike
> has equal firepower to 5 space marines on foot. The only reason I would
> accept Bike mounted 2 to a stand is if the player is a convert from SM/TL,
> since that was the way they were mounted up until E40k.

I'm a "convert" (like the pre-hispanic indians) from SM, but I rebased my
bikes due to my misunderstanding... now I'll rebase them again so I'm in
compliance with the rules.

> Bike Squadron: 1-3 Bike units.
>
> This means 1-3 *stands* of bikes, not 1-3 individual bikes.

Yeah. I get that now. Thanks.

> I really hope that helps.

It does. Thanks.

--