RE: [Epic] spirit warrior

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:25:45 -0600

> (Can anyone
> > >
> > > Spirit warriors were identical to dreads except instead of having
> a live
> > > pilot they were piloted by spirit stones, much the same way
> Wraithguard
> > > are. I believe old psychic spirit stones (dead warlocks etc) are
> part of
> > > the craftworld, and cannot be seperated
> > > They were slightly tougher than regular dreads IIRC, and had
> smaller
> > > heads.
> > Hm...DNs are piloted by a spirit stone...at least now, have no idea
> about
> > the oldest fluff.
> > psychic spirit stones can be seperated from a craftworld (guess what
> > warlock titan is?)
> >
> As I remember it the regular dreads are piloted by an eldar who has a
> couple of spirit stones to guide him, that is why the cockpit is so
> big,
> but you are right, it could be more conflicting background. I will
> pull
> out my 40k compendium and have a look. As for the warlock titan, I
> always
> thought it had a farseer on board with the titan crew. the titan was
> just
> constructed as an amplification unit.

I play Epic 40k and 40k, and although I'm new to this list, I could be
of
help here. According to the Eldar Codex for 40k, Eldar Dreadnoughts do
not have a "living" pilot. They are controlled solely by spirit stones.
I did
not play Epic or 40k when the Spirit Warriors were around, but if they
have psychic powers, that alone distinguishes them from Dreadnoughts.
Dreads cannot have any psychic powers. :)

Also, being new to the list, and Epic 40k (although I did start playing
SM/TL about 3 months before it was discontinued), I have a question, and
this is probably one that has been asked numerous times on this list.
When will the Epic Chaos miniatures be released, and does anyone know
what they will look like? Customer Service is telling me that they will
be
released in the mid to late summer. Thanks!

(If everyone feels that this question doesn't need to take up list
bandwidth,
please feel free to respond to me in private.)

Jonathan Westmoreland