Re: [Epic] E40K Chaos Detachments

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:34:05 -0700 (PDT)

> > NAME: Khorne Armour (Cost: 241, Morale: 5, Half Strength: 4)
> > TYPE: Chaos Armour Detachment
> > COMMAND:
> > Detachment HQ
> > MAIN FORCE:
> > 4 Land Raiders
> > 4 Khorne engines
>
> As I mentioned when this was first posted, this detachment
> is illegal. Marine armor & daemon engines can only be bought
> together in CSM infantry detachments, as support. A legal version
> would look something like this:

I thought it was a little suspicious, but I didn't have the armies book
that day, so I forgot to go back to it...

> Primary purpose is to shoot, as you've gathered, and to
> be maneuverable at the same time (keep the grunts in their
> transports and forget about them). The infantry are there only
> because you need them to get the tanks. In the game where I used
> 2 of these detachments, I only unloaded the foolish weaklings
> from their Chimeras once and it was a mistake (playing against
> eldar, you can't really afford to be static). If you're planning
> on just going on Overwatch anyway, drop the Chimeras and grab 2
> more Russes.

Point taken.

> Model limitations. Ideally, this detachment would
> be 1 LoC and 10 Flamers. Still, the added Horrors do help
> out since you'll almost always get the psy bonus.

I figured this out...

> 3 is not enough. I shouldn't have even bothered buying
> them. You need between 6-10 Doomwings for them to be effective.

I don't usually play with many flyers so three is normally enough to do
the job.

Thanks for your feedback, I shall add some stuff to the file when I get
chnce, I think I will be adding a lot more dets soon...
Steve
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...