Re: [Epic] Scenario

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 02:37:23 PDT

Chris Pinson a �crit :

>I have been thinking of a scenario where two armies are fighting to
>gain control of some artifact which is stored in some structure in >the
middle of the battlefield ... In addition to the artifact, there >are
some troops guarding it. I don't want these troops controlled by >anyone
but I do need them to attack as the two armies move in to >claim the
artifact. Can anyone suggest a set of rules to control >these troops in
semi random fashion ???

I've used such a system for Epic SM once :
For a whole assault unit detachment : when an enemy detachment is at
less than 20cm from the guarding troops, they charge it. If there are
more than one detachment, they charge the closer.
For whole shooting unit detachment : when an enemy can be fired, they
target it and shoot down it.

It is simple but it doesn't manage any movement.

P.S. : Chris, I can't get in contact with you, what's wrong with your
e-mail?

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 04/16/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/