Re: [Epic] Revisiting BM's and Morale

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:33:23 -0500

DeconSolo wrote:

> At the risk of starting this up again, I have some "new ideas." Now
> previously, when this was brought up, it was an either or thing between using
> BM's, and the morale rules, versus the old VP system. Somebody posted
> (Thane?) rules for troop experience, ie green troops don't react as well, and
> I was thinking about combining the concepts of Morale, BM's, and VPs.

Ok here goes.
------------
BM's don't cause loss to morale. They just mess up the detachments.

You loose the morale value of you troops when 1/2 strengthed and AGAIN
if they are eliminated (plus the extra for the Eldar).

Objectives cause morale loss as normal. (May this should be looked at to
make them more significant)
------------

Now you can use BM to weaken detachments but it forces you to
significantly damage them in order to win. This rule is similar in
effect to the "only lose morale value in BM's" but without the record
keeping.

It seems to me that the only reason BM's cause morale loss is without
it, a army can gain a few morale points from objectives and then be
completely eliminated an still have a positive morale score, so BM's
where used to has a sort of slow leak of morale in order for the game to
end at all. They problem is, its way easier to win the game through
massive BM loss (esp only removing 0-5 per turn) than through a straight
up fight.

Of course, everyone whose got tons of Wave Serpents or Ordinatus Cheese
are going to hate my idea.