Re: [Epic] Chaos Titan Battlegroups

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:01:59 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 26-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Chaos Titan Batt.. by
baronricks_at_...
> Spatula wrote:
> >
> > > From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>

> Our group solved this by allowing Chaos to take unmutated Titans as
> Traitor Battlegroups. This allowed Chaos the Battlegroup discount
> without picking up Chaos freebees.

    Yeah, we had suggested something similar in case I decided to paint
up my Titans.

> Another thing that has been mentioned was Battlegroups for Squats. In CJ
> 14 they provide stats for the DoomAnvil Squadron. While most of the CJ
> stuff is out there this particular unit made sense. for 900 points you
> get a Colossus and 2 Cyclops. The Colossus recon gyrocopter can spot for
> the Cyclops as well as for the Colossus. This works for missile fire but
> thats is for the Cyclops. They have to maintain normal Battlegroup
> cohesion and are broken when two SHV are lost.

    Actually, the DoomAnvil squadron was one of the cards Aaron and I
agreed was inappropriate and unbalanced.

1) The Colossus is more common. Make it 2 and 1 the other way.
2) Shouldn't it be "buy 2 get 1 free"? 950 points, last I checked.
3) How come I blow up 15VPs worth of units and only get 9VP? They
should cough up 5VP each, not 9 when 2 go.

Either:
  a) Follow the Titan BG guidelines. 950 points, 5 VP each
  b) Follow the SHV company guidelines. ~1300 points, ~13VP when 2 go.

Mark