[Epic] Ravenwing Origin

From: Elaine P <elainepat_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 06:59:00 PDT

Okay, the fluff queen is on a quest to find out if there has ever been
anything written about the origin of the Ravenwing. The reason I ask is
that I was able to purchase some old issues of WD this weekend & in
issue 129 is a picture of tactical marines of the 2nd Co.

The armor is dark green, so it is post-heresy. One could deduce that
the 2nd Co. changed from the black armor after heresy with the rest of
the chapter, & that sometime after the Deathwing was honored with the
white armor, some event or decision occurred to have the 2nd Co. become
the specialized unit it is today.

Does anyone recall a campaign, mission, or date when the 2nd Co. became
the Ravenwing?

-- Elaine
"Sing, O Goddess, of the bitter wrath of Achilles ...."