Re: [Epic] Terminator Armor

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:36:30 -0700 (PDT)

> > On a
> > more Epic state of mind am I the only one that feels that Epic Termies
> > should be heros as well as have a save? I think that as veterans of a Marine
> > chapter they have better skills and serve as mentors to those Marines not in
> > the 1st Company. After all Ork Nobs get the Hero label and they're about
> > equivilant to Termie Marines. Just a thought...
> >

> Actually, one of the designers stated a reason for not giving termies hero
> ability, wanting to show the kick assedness of the armour but not the HtH bonus
> (Seeing as they're all armoured with SB's and power fists)
>
> The Nobs are supposed to be better fighters I think, and giving the Termies Hero
> would cancel the advantage, making termie way better then Nobs (I believe
> Termies already have better FP?)

Terminators are not amazing in 40K, they have staying power and that's it,
close assault termies on the other hand, are amazing, but have no ranged
weaponry.

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...