Re: [Epic] Detailed Daemon Engines

From: tzeench <tzeench_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:07:25 -0700

Large snip of khornate daemon engines.

I really liked the rules that you made up for the khorne daemon engines.
They follow very closely to the space marine stats.

> Daemon Engines of Slaanesh
>
> The Slaanesh Daemon Engine stats apparently are meant to cover the
> Hell-Knight, Hell-Scourge, and Hell-Strider, which is just wrong.
> The Hell-Strider is a smaller version of the Knight and Scourge -
> sort of a scout version, if you will. The two larger engines are
> roughly equatable to the Imperial Knights, and the Strider is very
> similar to the Imperial Sentinels. And as such, it should be
> distinct from its larger cousins on the tabletop.
>
> FIRE
> TROOP TYPE SPEED RANGE POWER ASSAULT ARMOR NOTES
> ---------- ----- ----- ----- ------- ----- -----
> Hell-Strider 20cm 30cm 2 1 4+
>
> Replace any instance of "Slaanesh Daemon Engine" in the army list
> with the following:
>
> Slaanesh Daemonic Knight 29 pts
> Slaanesh Hell-Strider 10 pts

        I a not so keen on the rules for the slaanesh daemon engines. These are
okay s abstract rules but I think they could also use more individual
stats. The rules in epic 40K do not represent the old stats for the
slaanesh daemon engines.
        The new rules don't take into account the glamour of slaanesh or the fact
that they also had really good armour in the old rules (2+). I think the
two slaanesh hell knights could be simular to the epic 40K rules for the
imperial knights.

Troop type Move FP rge assult armour special cost

Hell-strider 20 2 30 0 4+ save ~20

hell-scourge 25 3 30 2 5+ save ~29

Hell-Knight 25 AT 30 2 5+ save, inflitrate ~29

I reduced thier range as they only had 50cm in space marine.

I also think the subjugator titan is badly done. Instead of 6FP and a
close combat weapon, it should have a close combat weapon and 2 or 3
Antitank for its psi-pulse.

Do not ask which creature screams in the night,
Do not question who waits for you in the shadow.
It is my cry that wakes you in the night,
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeench and you are the puppet
That dances to my tune

tzeench_at_...