Re: [Epic] Detailed Daemon Engines.

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:08:16 -0400

tzeench wrote:

> > Shouldn't that be Tzeentch?
>
> I wouldn't dare take the true name

        =) Well, I guess I can respect that...

> > The Slaanesh knights are another SM/TL unit that changed
> > a lot between versions. The E40k version is better at shooting
> > but is less durable. The problem with ramping down all the ranges
> > to match with the SM/TL stats is that eventually you'll have
> > almost no non-marine units that can shoot farther than 30cm... I
> > don't know, I just don't like the idea.
>
> True, but in SM how many chaos unit could shoot over 50cm. only the titans
> and marine vechiles. (thinking off the top of my head.)

        Well, yeah, and I always had a problem with that. Diversity
is a good thing.

[Daemonic Auras for LoB & PT, from another post]

> That is true for all greater daemons, primachs (now daemon princes, where
> are Magnus, I need that death ray), and the plague tower and lord of
> battles. Give them save and a huge point value. My estimate would be ~330
> for plage tower (I think it would be equal to a leviathon (8DC, 4 void
> shields and 6+ armour vs 8DC, save, and 5+ armour) the weapons are close
> to equal. The lord of battle would cost a hell of a lot. Probably the
> best comparison would be with the dominatrix. (Same move and armour. 10DC
> vs 8DC, the dominatrix is a psyker, khorne hates psykers. The lord of
> battle is more shooty (not by much, you could even argue that they are the
> same), and it has choice. The major difference is the psyker, it is also
> the supreme commander (better than normal also) and it has the tyranid
> special rules of being a syapse creature. Dominatrix cost 490. I would
> say the lord of battle would cost ~400 to 450. I say 425. This looks to
> be close to doubling the price.
>
> What do you guys think?

        Look fair to me. I wish that had the chance to play more
frequently so that I could do some proper playtesting.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"How can I let this bring me back to my knees?" - Tool