Re: [Epic] Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion in E40K v0.0

From: <Tobitiah_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 22:42:40 EDT

>Fulgrim Primarch of The Emperors Children [Slaanesh]
>Abilities: Skimmer, Psyker
>Unique Ability: "Soporific Musk"
>
>Fulgrim may try to entice all enemy detachments within 10cm of him at "any"
>time during the movement phase. (It may only be tried on any one
>detachment once in a given turn). These detachments must take a leadership
>test with a -2 penalty on the dice roll [I hear "Soporific Musk" is quite
>alluring ;)]. Any detachment that fails the leadership test is controlled
>by the Chaos player until the end of the turn. This means that the Chaos
>player may move, shoot, assault & engage in close combat with this
>detachment(s) as if they were his/her own until the end of the turn.
>
>Notes:
>Easy enough to incorporate, but again difficult to price.
>What is this worth?
>Is a -2 penalty on the die roll too much? A -1 penalty may be more
>reasonable.
>Can you imagine (if you could get close enough to do this that is) gaining
>contol of your opponents Warlord, or Mega-Gargant for a turn? Yikes!

I'd say make the Unit pass a leadership test (unmodified by Fulgrim) to rejoin
their comrades. If they fail, they're with Fulgrim permanently. If they
succeed, they can't be seduced again.

Perhaps this has to be adjusted with WEs. I mean, it doesn't matter if
Fulgrim permanently controls your Grots, now does it? Your Mega-Gargant?
Homie Don't Play That! Maybe WEs can't be permanently controlled, or don't
suffer the -2 Ld penalty?

                                                Brian

Whose Email is still being funky.