[Epic] What izzit?

From: Steve Kohler <xlorp_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 21:14:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I'm pondering trading out a bag of oddments and I'm very curious as to
what some of these pieces really are. I think they might be old-style
Imperial knights but I haven't seen any before. I'd appreciate it if
some kind soul could supply names for these guys.

Thanks,
Steve
xlorp_at_...

Type 1 - 1 1/4" high, body shaped like a flea, posed with head tilted
forwards and down trying to look around its left foot. Imperator-style
feet and two dinky little bolters for arms. Big rocket launcher on carapace.
Base says GW 1989.

Type 2 - 1" high, same flea shape body. Head facing down and forward.
Tiny bolter arms. Large cannon protruding from carapace. The base says
GW 1989 on one side and Sentinel on the other. If it is a sentinel; they
really mutated the design.

Type 3 - 1 1/4" high. Same gunfighter pose with weapons off to both
sides as the 6mm SM captain. Head facing to left. Right arm is
chainsword, left arm is some kind of cannon. Big shoulderpads and banner
hanging from stomach. Base says GW 1989.

Type 4 - 1 1/2" high. Some kind of funky chicken walker. Narrow mold of
walker. Legs look very much like a bird's, with talons on heels.
2-barrel gun mounted on the carapace and the head is an eagle or vulture.
No base info.

Type 5 - Same walker body as 4 but head like a snake. Tiny gun emplaced
on carapace. Large gun mounted on left side. Nothing on right side.
No base info.

Type 6 - Clone of SM/TL Knight Crusader. Base says Knight and GW '94.

Type 7 - Clone of SM/TL Knight Lancer. Base says Knight and GW '94.

Type 8 - Clone of SM/TL Knight Errant. Base says Knight and GW '94.

Type 9 - This one's strange. 1 1/2" high. Narrow mold like the funky
chicken walker/old sentinel. But it looks like a knight with really long
legs out for a casual stroll striding heel to toe. Pickelhaube helmet.
Hunched over shoulders. Vestigial cannon for right arm. Left arm is
cannon strongly reminiscent of a shotgun carried by a country squire.
Base says GW 1990.

Type 10 - Definitely not GW but cute in its own way. Tank with a single,
very wide, central tread. Covered only on top and sides with armor
plate. Large prow structure looking almost like a mechanical dog.
Stomach mounted howitzer. Tiny, twin mufflers sticking out of back look
just like a tail.