RE: [Epic] Final Liberation Unit and Map editors released - reque st for help

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:17:34 -0600

> >I got it downloaded - took a while. 270+ mb.
> >

> 270 MEGS!? For a freakin' unit editor?!
>
> Final Lib isn't a very sophisticated game. The entire game, with lots
> of
> video, shouldn't even clock in at 270 megs.
> I haven't been to the site yet, but please tell me that it's not
> posted as
> one large file.

Hehehe....no, it should be 270 KB. It took me
about 2 minutes to download the whole thing.

BTW, has anyone tried it out yet? I haven't even
tried to use it yet.

And, Sauron1 posted yesterday that the Chaos
stuff can be pre-ordered from GW Canada for a
July release. The official Canadian release date
is August 3rd for both the plastic sprue and the
boxed set. They aren't taking pre-orders yet, since
they don't have a price on the boxed set. It will
be like the other 3 boxed sets (Marines, Eldar,
and Orks), but the Trollz don't know the full
contents yet. (All of this from my good friend
John at GW Canada)

Does anyone have pictures of the new Eldar titans
from Gamesday? I'd really like to get one anyway,
because it sounds like a few conversions and it would
be perfect for a Dark Eldar Epic army. Thanks!

One last note. This is from the 40k list.
Andy will, I'm sure, do his bang up review tonight or tomorrow, but here
is what is in WD223:

** 40K-
LoD figs. Hints of something else next month. From talking to FatBloke
at GDUS I know this is the new LoD army list.

** Epic-
New Chaos Land Raiders and rhinos

FROM the GW Staff -
40k will be removed from the shelves at the end of June. Staffer
estimates Oct for the new 3rd Ed.
They hadn't even heard of the new new Marine Command models yet. I love
that.

    -joshua

--
Joshua Thaler        Netscape Dublin Release Team
Jonathan Westmoreland