Re: [Epic] New Member

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:07:33 +1000 (EST)

> Uhh??? I�m really not familiarized with Titan, could you explain
> this soaking thing again?
        Ok 1 blast marker reduces the unit that has its firepower by 1. 1
SH weapon (eg a Death Ray) counts as 1FP - eg 1 blast marker will shut down
a Deathray. Hence if your Warlord (foolishly) is armed with only 4 Deathrays
then 4 blast markers will stop it shooting. However replace one of the DRs
with say a heavy weapon battery (8FP). Rather than having your death rays
wasted by and blast markers you can choose to have the blast markers affect
the heavy weapon battery. In the case of 4 blast markers the obvious choice
would be to reduce the HW battery's FP to 4 and allow the 3 Death Rays to
fire unhindered. Of course you COULD choose to let the blast markers negate
the 3 death rays and take the HW battery down to 7 FP , but why anyone would
is beyond me. I think the important point here is a titan weapon that has
a listed firepower value takes that many blastmarkers to shut down. It sometimes
 feels a little silly that the game works this way though but basically never
take a titan (or War Engine) that only has super heavy weapons - take something
with a firepower value that you can count against blast marker effects.
        Hope thats not too confusing
        JAC