Re: [Epic] A Thunderhawk question...

From: <Aries62_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 23:37:55 EDT

It is never a good idea to say you can do something because the rules don't
say I can't. There are many things rules don't say you can't do. My (fill in
what you want) because nowhere in the rules do they state that I/they cannot.
You know, like tanks flying, measuring from the very tip of gun barrels, my
Warlord is lying prone so he should get an armour bonus and punch your
opponent in the nose. I am sure we can all l remember horrible violations of
the "spirit of the game". I do understand that good rules writing avoids
"spirit of the game" situations, but in general:

FOCUS ON WHAT THE RULES SAY YOU CAN DO!

I have found that very often the situation is addressed somewhere in the
rules. We just don't remember it at the moment or see its full implication.