Re: [Epic] Talking about the FUN stuff.... :)

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:48:33 -0700

>>> I.e. you're unable to navigate. How is the first poster wrong?
>>
>>You can still navigate. Just not as well. Don't you remember the
>>genetically engineered human Navigators?
>
>Well, yeah, but the Nav's were engineered by the Emperor to 'see' the
>Astronomicon in the Warp. As the Emperor (and _only_ He can do this)
>creates the Astronomicon., Navigator's won't do you any good if the Emp
>dies (and thusly the Ast. goes out).<

Nope. The Navigators were "developed" during the DArk Age of Technology
during humanities initial push into the galaxy. They do not need the
Astromicon to navigate- its just a lot safer and more accurate with the
"lighthouse" of the Astro. And like I said before the Emperor just FOCUSES
the power of the Astropaths to create the Astronomicon- even he cannot spend
that much effort (nor would he want to).

>>>the Emporer basically *is* the Astronomicon - without his psychic
>>>presence the beacons would go silent and Imperial space travel would
>>>come to a screeching halt.

No, just become a lot more difficult. How do you think the Orks and
Tyranids and everyone else get around? They sure don't use the
Astronomicon. Harder does not equal impossible. :)