Re: [Epic] Talking about the FUN stuff.... :)

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:39:31 -0400

>>Aaron Day wrote:
>>>
>>> Tyler Provick wrote:
>>> The Astonomicon is only a beacon through the warp. You can travel
>>> through the warp w/o it, you just don't know where you are going.
>>
>> I.e. you're unable to navigate. How is the first poster wrong?
>
>You can still navigate. Just not as well. Don't you remember the
>genetically engineered human Navigators?

Well, yeah, but the Nav's were engineered by the Emperor to 'see' the
Astronomicon in the Warp. As the Emperor (and _only_ He can do this)
creates the Astronomicon., Navigator's won't do you any good if the Emp
dies (and thusly the Ast. goes out).

>>the Emporer basically *is* the Astronomicon - without his psychic
>>presence the beacons would go silent and Imperial space travel would
>>come to a screeching halt.
>
>No. He just focses the energy of a shitload of Adeptus Astra Telepathica
>psykers. After a while they burn out and are replaced. Sort of like a big
>lighthouse. >Kenneth

IIRC, the Emperor and _only_ the Emperor can produce the Astronomicon - he
consumes dozens (maybe hundreds?) of raw (ie weak & untrainable) psychers a
day for the power to create it, but it is His ability that creates it.

Final word - if the Emperor dies and nobody (read Sensei) does anything
about it, the Imperium will wither and die within weeks. The HiveWorlds
(including Tera) will starve & the IG/Marines won't be able to deploy to
stop the inevitable rebellions and incursions by the alien races and Chaos.

Yes, the Astropath's will be able to communicate with one another, but all
they'll be able to do is tell each other how BAD things are. Kind of like
the season-finale for Millenium. :)

 IMO, the Emperor dying would be a BAD thing.... :)

All IMO, of course, etc etc....

....Larry