[Epic] Where to go? What to do?

From: Simon Dodds <c9415355_at_...>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:28:22 +1100

I agree that Lpage is not as effective as using the mailing list, but I must
agree with Peter in that the reason for the move was to free up the amount
of mail that comes onto the mailing list, a very common grip held by a lot
of you. The Lpage setup can be removed just as quickly as it was set up - so
what do you want?

Now, I don't know how to set up a mailing list or anything like that, the
only thing I can think of is multiple emails, thus keeping it separate from
the mailing list and only those interested in the netEPIC project. Aside
from that I cannot think of any other ways to keep discussion running. Maybe
if there is only a few of us left who want to continue this work a multiple
email can be set up. Just LET US/ME/WHOEVER KNOW!!!

I dont want to see this idea die. I agree with Jason Robinson's remark that
some of the discussion that netEPIC has raised has been the most
constructive that I've seen on this list - at least it stoppped us from
filling up most of our posts with bitching about how much GW is screwing us
over, again. We all know that whenever we buy any of their stuff we have to
bend over while they reach for the gloves, but now we are doing something
about it! We decided at the very beginning that we were not going to take
this any more. What has happened? Don't let this idea dissolve into
complacency and petty squabbles.

Sorry about the rant, but we've come this far, and I've done quite a lot of
work helping this get up and running, and I'm getting pissed off!

doddsy

Simon Dodds
c9415355_at_...
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1353/epicentre.html

"I do not need to see the world through rose-coloured glasses, because
        my eyes are naturally bloodshot."