[Epic] Same Ol Thing

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 02:03:16 -0500

    ya know, it's amazing - I've been laying low for the last 2 mos, reading
intermittently, and now having flipped thru 300+ e-mails (just nuking most
of them like that amazingly lengthy Dune thread <?!>) It's mostly the same
old thing - E40K LR's are too powerful, how the fluff doesn't match the
rules in many cases, and debates over the degree to which GW sucks.

Anybody post a decent battle report lately? We had that experiment with
postng maps to the list , then nobody did anything with it. I would, but my
group has fractured, and I'm caught up in the throes of a battletech revival
amongst my pals, which is OK, as it's possibly the only game to rival my
Epic collection in size of miniature army, but it doesn't mean a whole lot
to this list, unless, of course, we're going to start making BT to Epic
conversions...

Also, I'm still toying with a Civ2 epic conversion, but it's largely on hold
til the new multiplayer civ2 comes out. Latest alleged release date for it
is August, but we'll see what actually happens...

Played Horus Heresy for the first time in a long time...whew, now there's a
total crapshoot game! But, if you're thinking about some kind of Epic
campaign portraying it, it does have maps, forces, some fluff, etc.

Anyway, figured I'd pop in and pop off. Now back to "More posts you've seen
before"

Chris Miller