Re: [Epic] did you know...

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:00:38 +1000

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> I pointed out that GW has some fluff problems with the Aug. news letter
> where they said that you needed the chaos box set to do the Horus Heresy
> battles. I said, no, the HH was between brother marines. Silly me,
> that is what Space Marine 1st ed. said, what White Dwarf 126 said, what
> Realms Of Chaos said. No, I got corrected by no less than Jervis him
> self, that by the time of the assault on the Emperor's Palace, Horus's
> troops were CSM. He did allow that the early battles of the HH were
> marine on marine battles.

Hey, I use a 50/50 mix of the old CSMs and normal SMs for my CSMs. I
still have some unbased old CSMs, so I'll soon be mixing in the new CSMs
as well.

I have no probs with at least some of the Rebels being CSMs by the time
of the Palace Assault. Based on SM1 though, a large quantity wouldn't
be. In fact, even in year 40K there are almost certainly large units -
Maniples of the old Traitor Legions, each over a Chapter in size - who
would be relatively untainted (time being somewhat fluid in the Eye of
Terror).

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo