RE: [Epic] Rampage & a House rule

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:13:26 -0400

Greg:

> However, as I understand them, the rules actually call for the
> hand full of dice method on AT and then the shooter removes those
> units he wishes to hit with the AT fire. And, the shooter can decide
> to fire AT or FP first, at his discretion.

I just took a look. (I have a copy of the rules in my bag.) The main
firing section doesn't mention SHWs at all, and merely describes the normal
FP procedure. The section on SHWs at the end gives some of the rules
concerning blast markers and SHWs, and says that SHWs can target individual
units. I think you're right that it does not specify an order in which to
fire AT or FP. I think the sentences:

"Super heavy weapons can be fired at any target within range, so, for
example, they can pick out individual targets within a detachment." (p. 31)

and

"More importantly an anti-tank shot always treats the target's Armor value
as 4 even if it's 5 or 6 (i.e., always roll 1 dice to hit, hitting on a
4+)." (p. 32)

imply that you aim a SHW shot at a particular unit. My impression of the
intended procedure is to pick a shot and try it, pick another, etc. "I've
got 3 AT shots. One here-got it. One on this-missed. Another on the same
unit-got it."

But I still prefer declaring all first, even though I find it clumsy.

andy