Re: [Epic] Another Epic40K vs NetEpic post :)

From: Eric Harding <omegas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:31:45 -0700

At 09:41 AM 8/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Scott Shupe wrote:
>
>> Not that E40k is generic to begin with; anyone who claims
>> this hasn't played or hasn't played that much. The different
>> armies are NOT the same - each one still has an individual feel
>> to it.
>
>The things that I have heard:
>
>1) loss of Ork tanks.
> My reply: I have a handful ork tanks here. Please ID them for me.
>No, you don't get to grab the book, do YOU know. (this is a cheat, as
>several are "custom" [and I did it BEFORE E40K btw]). Beyond "Generic
>Battle Wagon" and "Gutripper" no one has gotten more than 30%

Senmd the pictures, and I will ID them...

>2) Loss of Ork Clans.
> My reply: Design your detachments to fit the fluff. There are MORE
>types of Ork infantry than there used to be now.

Goff Clans were much better at HtH than all other clans, now they arn't.
But the Space Marines got special rule for the four main chapters in White
Dwarf. Orks screwed again.

Blood Axes got hosed on the Imperial Vehicles. How does a Land Raider
suddenly get the stats of Battlewagon just because it's owned by the Orks?