Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:27:37 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Spatula wrote:

> > From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
> >
> > I don't understand what people are complaining about. The couple of times
> > my Titans have been swarmed they just left heaps of dead troops around
> > them. If I am not mistake, ground troops (non-skimmer, non-flyer, etc)
> > can only attack the leg locations on a Titan.
>
> House rule. As the rules stand, attacking infantry can hit
> any location (presumably only those locations available to be hit
> from the side the infantry attacking from, ie no hitting a Reaver's
> reactor from the front).

Darn, looked up the rules and thought "hah, I'll get him". Sure enough,
couldn't find anything on it. However, I would suggest that the general
rules on targeting Titans (you can only hit what you can see) would apply
to CC (you can only hit what you can reach). Really too bad the Q&A died
out. I really doubt the "guys" are going to be interested in answering
Epic questions with Epic40k coming out.

> Scott
> shupes_at_...
>
> > Going to have to win a
> > BUNCH of CC to drop a titan that way.

Just the same. Unless you do something screwy it looks tome like the max
infantry (ground type) you can get into CC with a Warlord is 6 (three per
foot). If you figure that most bikes/cav have a CAF of 3 the titan isn't
really in that much trouble. Include Carapace multi Lasers and a CC head
and you should do just fine. Of course if the Titan is on FF then it has
nothing to worry about (kill three of the stands and you should be safe).
If you are upset that you are moving Titans into the middle of the battle
field (say into a city) and getting swamped by infantry, then you get no
sympathy from me.

I would suggest that if you go by the "must reach it to damage it" theory
that Titans will have very little to fear from infantry ground assaults.
Skimmers of course are another thing, but then they have there own
problems.

On another front. There was some discussion as to the effects of Void
shields and CC. I believe that someone stated that void shields protect
titans when they rush into CC from FF. I believe this is wrong. If I
remember correctly Void shields do not protect Titans (or knight shields
protect knights) from the defending FF of units they charge. I think this
is from Q&A number 2

Just a few thoughts

Chad