Re: [Epic] artillery

From: Scott Shupe <shupe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 19:08:23 -0400

StarFox567_at_... wrote:

> I tend to agree - Indirect fire (where the gun layer cannot observe the
> target)
> has to be more inaccurate than direct fire since there is some delay in the
> flow of information to the fire unit as to location of the target and
> adjusting fires. With barrages an easy soln is to use the 40k scatter dice to
> move the barrage

        That's how SM/TL handled it. You also needed a unit that
could see the spot you were trying to hit. Barrages scattered
2d6cm in the direction of the arrow; a "hit" meant the barrage
was spot-on.

        Apologies if this was brought up before; apparently I
missed a few messages while changing addresses.

> disrupts are no problem due to their - with FP arty like the ork big gunz it
> is more tricky - maybe they shoot at half FP, but then again the orks are
> screwed anyway so this seems unfair.

        With disrupts or mega-cannons you could force a penalty to
hit. You could shift FP arty a column to the right when determining
how many dice to roll.

Scott
shupe_at_...