Re: [Epic] [Space Marine] Complete!

From: <fourmillers_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 23:43:29 -0500

>I have finished typing up Space Marine 1st Edition and posted it on my
site.
>It is available in three versions, a no graphics Word95 and HTML version
and
>a 'some graphics, looks nice' Word95 version.

------> Am I getting this right? You've typed in all the text from SM1 so
it's accessible from the net?
If so:

1) Why? Many of us on the list have it, someone could just scan it in. Save
a lot of work anyway.

2) Think anyone might have a problem with that, like maybe THE ORIGINAL
AUTHORS AND COPYRIGHT HOLDERS?!!!

----> ??!!

------> Again, why? And if you're going to do it, why not scan it?

>Kenneth
>"Bored off my ass"
>NetEpic Idea Rat

I'd also add "Looking to get a letter from GW's legal department"

Chris Miller

(Long-Ago Player of AT & SM1. I can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to
bring it back, but flagrantly posting it on one's site is just
mind-boggling. Don't you think this has come up before? Don't you think
there's a reason this hasn't been done with any companies' game without
their permission?)