[Epic] [Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

From: <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:15:01 -0700

<sigh>

>------> Am I getting this right? You've typed in all the text from SM1 so
>it's accessible from the net?
>If so:
>
>1) Why? Many of us on the list have it, someone could just scan it in. Save
>a lot of work anyway.

Smaller file size. And I had nothing else to do.

And do you really think most of the people on this list have the original
SM? A quick show of hands.

>2) Think anyone might have a problem with that, like maybe THE ORIGINAL
>AUTHORS AND COPYRIGHT HOLDERS?!!!

Do you use the BattleBible? Same thing. But mine does not compete with
currently published material or even intend to.

>I'd also add "Looking to get a letter from GW's legal department"

Its no different from NetEpic my fine feathered friend. I appreciate the
concern but am not holding my breath.

>Chris Miller
>
>(Long-Ago Player of AT & SM1. I can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to
>bring it back, but flagrantly posting it on one's site is just
>mind-boggling. Don't you think this has come up before? Don't you think
>there's a reason this hasn't been done with any companies' game without
>their permission?)

Again. BattleBible and NetEpic. Battlebible actually competed with their
products. Mine does not. I'm not selling it or anything. And I think Epic
needs all the help it can get :)

And most people do not have access tot he original edition. You may, but the
only copies you can find now are in auctions for 2x the original price.

Play Tactical Strike. Better game anyways.

Go in peace my Epic friends. ;)

Ken