Re: [Epic] Campaign Rules

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:18:58 -0500

On 4 Mar 97 at 1:04, Marc wrote:

<snip stuff about the WHFB campaign system>

> Now, I thought about another possibility.
>
> A long time ago, I played a game called Risk.In this game, you controlled
> countries where you based your armies in.You could attack another country
> (with a certain countries army) if the attacked country has a frontier with
> the attacking one.I think that this system is more easily adaptable to Epic
> because the main thing is that the size (and not the type of present units,
> like in the 5th ed. campaign rules) of the army is dependent of the number
> of countries you control.
>
> Maybe I will write this campaign system this week.

If you do, please post it (or at least email it to me). Risk was one
of the first "wargames" that I played, and it still has a soft spot in
my heart (even though I never managed to win). You could even use a
Risk board for the campaign.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf

P. S. In light of the relatively recent discussion on Australian
troops, you all will probably enjoy knowing that the winners of our
Risk games were usually whoever captured Australia first. Since it's
in the corner and has only one pathway to another continent, it is very
easy to establish an effective powerbase there. Is this symbolic of
the real Australia? I will leave that discussion to others..... :)